Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cream Cheese, Tabasco Sauce, and Popcorn Shrimp Dip

My wife, Cara, and I were preparing a variety of snacks to set out on the deck for some friends who were going to drop by one evening, when I remembered a snack I used to crave for days on end one summer years ago. Pushing back a cold Fat Tire I was drinking at the time, I rummaged through the kitchen fridge to see if I had the ingredients for it.  All that I needed was here; chipotle flavored cream cheese, popcorn shrimp, tobasco sauce, grape tomatoes, and paprika. I had Club Crackers and Triskets in the cabinet, so I was set to go. Geez, this dip went back to the 80's, but if it was good then, it surely had to be good today.

I set up the ingredients - still a few hours before our friends were to arrive so plenty of time to chill the dip before our gathering. The dip is so good it's a wonder I dropped the idea of it so many years ago, and the original recipe is so simple that it's just not worth fooling with.

Ingredients:

16 oz. softened chipotle flavored cream cheese.   ingredients

1 cup popcorn shrimp or crab meat, chopped.

Dash of paprika

1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped.

Splash of Tabasco sauce

Dash of Parsley

Stir the cream cheese until soft.  Mix in the popcorn shrimp or crab meat and grape tomatoes.  Splash in a little tobasco sauce (be careful, too much will ruin the flavor) and the paprika and blend well.  Pour contents into a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley.

Chill for about 2 hours. Serve with Club Crackers or Triskets, or your own favorite cracker.

As expected the dip was a success.  We sat around on the deck with the Cream Cheese dip, a spinach dip, and a hot cheddar cheese dip, a bucket of crackers, and the Fat Tire.  The conversation flowed till around midnight. 

Give it a try and see what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Eating good but less keep you happy healthy and so fit for this purpose plan your diet perfectly well food is a taste color flavor and best of the best enjoyment of living best happy healthy smart and good looking life. Thanks for sharing this information here it looks so useful good Job. Kindly avoid smoking totally because it's not good for health.

    ReplyDelete